1. Advance reservations made for accommodation attract a minimum non-refundable deposit of 15€ per person per bed night, which is payable at the time of booking. Cheques should be made payable to M & N Anthony. If we do not receive your deposit within 10 days of your provisional reservation, the booking will lapse. No booking may be considered firm or confirmed until such deposit has been received by us. The deposit confirms each night of your reservation, not just the first night, and cannot be applied to any balance due should your stay be cancelled or shortened for any reason.
2. The balance of the price of your stay as booked or amended becomes due on booking or amendment of booking, but may be paid on arrival or at any time prior to departure. Any extra charges (e.g. for additional meals) become due as they are incurred, but may be paid at any time prior to departure. Balance and extras payments must be paid in Euros, in cash. Le Chat Chocolat does not accept credit/debit cards.
3. Le Chat Chocolat is a private family residence offering bed and breakfast accommodation with the option of certain other meals, and is not a hotel, therefore arrival times, changes of dates and hours of occupancy are vital information for both our guests and ourselves.
4. Guests are requested to arrive after 5.00pm (the accommodation is usually available from 5.00pm) and a telephone call is appreciated for late evening arrivals. To avoid any problems, confusion or misunderstanding with your arrival time or date, we ask that you please telephone us a few days prior to your arrival to reconfirm your arrival time. At this point we should be able to address any additional questions that you may have.
5. To enable the rooms to be serviced in readiness for following occupants, guests are required to vacate by 10.30am on the day of departure.
6. Guests undertake to keep the premises, its appurtenances, and all furniture, fixtures and fittings therein or thereon in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the stay, and also undertake to leave the premises in as reasonable a state of cleanliness and order as it shall be in when they arrive. Damage or breakage by guests at Le Chat Chocolat will incur an extra charge to cover any excess cleaning that may be required and to enable us to repair or replace damaged items.
7. The proprietors reserve the right to be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time.
8. The number of persons using the accommodation shall not exceed the number booked in to use the accommodation.
9. Le Chat Chocolat reserves the right to refuse any booking request and shall hot be required to provide any reason.
10. In the unlikely event that any material alteration has to be made to your booked and confirmed accommodation, our liability shall be limited to providing alternative arrangements of a similar or comparable standard (e.g. the room which was originally reserved for you may unavoidably not be available on arrival). It is also possible that you may be upgraded to a different room. If practicable, we will endeavour to notify you in advance should any such changes occur.
11. Le Chat Chocolat reserves the right to cancel any existing booking if the accommodation becomes unavailable for reasons outside the control of the proprietors. In such a case, our liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies actually paid.
12. All guests are required to behave and act in a reasonable and civilised manner, observe the general house rules, and have consideration for the property and its contents, the proprietors and, in particular, other guests. The proprietors cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to personal property, nor for any physical, medical or mental injury, however caused.
13. Le Chat Chocolat does not provide self-catering accommodation or facilities, and in order to comply with today’s strict Health and Hygiene Regulations, we regret that no food items or ingredients for consumption during a visit may be brought into the premises or consumed in the rooms.
14. In the event that any guest shall fail to observe any of our House Rules, Terms & Conditions of Use and/or our Booking Terms & Conditions, Le Chat Chocolat reserves the right to require such guest and the other members of his or her party to vacate the accommodation and leave the premises at once, without any recompense.
CANCELLATION BY GUESTS
If, for any reason, you require to cancel your booking, please contact us as soon as possible. If we are unable to re-let the accommodation, please note that as making a booking constitutes a contract, the following cancellation charges will apply:
1 - 7 days prior to booked arrival, 100% of the full accommodation charge for the booking.
8 - 21 days prior to booked arrival date, 75% of the full accommodation charge for the booking.
22 or more days prior to booked arrival date, 50% of the full accommodation charge for the booking.
In the event of a failure to take up the booking without any prior notification, namely a “no show”, the full value of the booking will be charged.
Guests are strongly recommended to take out comprehensive personal accident/injury, medical expenses and travel insurance cover.